NB Recruitment are currently working with a Prestigious Care Group who are looking to recruit an experienced Registered Manager (must be nurse trained) for one of their Care Home's with Nursing based near Liverpool.
The service has 31 beds offering end of life, dementia and physical disabilities care.
Fantastic opportunity for the right person to join a friendly and supportive team.
To deliver a range of CQC registered care services to vulnerable adults and older people using a person-centred approach that maximises independence and reduces the need for more institutional types of care. To offer a responsive and efficient service to all with a strong focus on outstanding customer care. To maximise utilisation of the existing block contract hours (with local council) while growing a strong private base and expanding the range of services available, increasing the hours delivered and the range of activities offered. To be able to vary hours according to the needs of the business, including some weekend/evening working, including participation in senior on-call duties. To embrace and follow all CQC requirements and lead services towards an outstanding CQC rating, through delivery of excellent care and efficient running of services.
1. Be the Registered Manager for care services, ensuring adherence with CQC minimum standards at all times, and striving for excellence.
2. Actively participate in and arrange the induction, training and development of new staff, ensuring the principles of re-enablement are adopted in their work on a day to day basis, so that everyone is supported to remain as independent as they can be; maintaining high standards and actively intervening when new issues and needs are identified.
3. Set clear standards and expectations for staff that allow the service to reach and maintain a level of excellence in service delivery, organisation and knowledge.
4. Manage service delivery by implementing and maintaining systems for the planning, allocation and control of work to ensure all systems and documentation across the service are maintained in a timely and accurate way.
5. Manage and develop team members with support from your line manager including regular appraisals, supervision, performance management etc.
6. Identify the need to recruit new team members with support from your line manager creating a proactive recruitment plan to ensure appropriate levels of staff at all times.
7. Effectively manage the complaints and compliments procedure, ensuring that concerns are acted upon and responded to in a timely manner.
8. Ensure all policies and procedures are complied with across services at all times, including health & safety, dignity and choice, equality and confidentiality
9. Ensure that all paper and electronic files for clients and staff are complete, accurate, and presented in a professional manner at all times
10. Develop reports, populate paper and electronic systems and ensure maintenance of all data
11. Actively manage the service making use of performance and other data e.g. Careblox reports; implement recommendations from internal reports and investigations; produce and analyse data to evidence quality, efficiency and growth of the service for senior managers and other stakeholders
12. Work with your line manager to continue to implement and develop the services rolling action plan and oversee quality management and customer feedback.
13. Actively promote the work of the service to referrers, partners, commissioners, and other stakeholders to allow the business to grow and maintain effective working relationships with all
14. Take an active lead in the assessment of all new service users referred to the service, ensuring that goals/outcomes are developed and then reviewed regularly to maximise success for the individual and the service
15. Maintain an awareness of the Health and Safety requirements.
16. Maintain client and business confidentiality at all times
17. Continual personal development to develop oneself and the team/service
18. In addition to these tasks, employees may at times be asked to carry out other reasonable duties as required by the service or senior management
- Registered Nurse with PIN ideally
- RMA, QCF 5 or other recognised qualification
- Significant experience of operational and organisational management of a domiciliary or residential care service, including supervisions, appraisals, managing a budget, knowledge of Careblox or similar rostering programme
- Experience of leading a service to full compliance; experience of CQC inspection processes
- Well organised and able to prioritise to enable the service to meet rising demands
- Resilient and able to work under pressure
- Creative problem solving for innovative service delivery
- Highly motivated to ensure a high-quality efficient and safe service
For further information please contact Natalie @ NB Recruitment or apply now